is it hot in here or is it just me???

is it hot in here or is it just me???

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Refreshers

When our boys were still small we went on holiday to Dartmoor in Devon. Having exited the dual carriageway to head down the country lanes to search for our rental cottage, my husband decided to stop at the petrol station in order to fill up and buy some sweets for the last leg of our journey.

He appeared back in the car with a couple of Twix for us and a packet of Refreshers each for the boys, which he duly handed into the back of car. Unfortunately, the lanes to the cottage were very windy. I thought that it was very unusual for the boys to be so quiet. We had not heard "Are we there yet???" for minutes, then were was an almost inaudible bleat from our eldest "I don't feel so good!!!" followed by a "Me neither!!!" from our youngest. My husband immediately stopped the car and we turned round to see what looked like two rabied dogs foaming at the mouth having eaten a whole packet of Refreshers each!!!

No comments: