is it hot in here or is it just me???

is it hot in here or is it just me???

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Branded

I have been married to my husband for 20 years. Fairly early on in our married life we spent New Year at the Trefiddian Hotel in Aberdovey with another couple who were, at that time, our closest friends. It was the coldest New Year in living memory and even the sea in North Wales was frozen, which I have never seen before or since. Both my husband and I had started with a particularly nasty flu bug and just wanted to go home and die quietly rather than attend a formal New Years Eve Party.

Dosed up with Day Nurse, I entered our rather bijou en suite in order to get ready for the Dinner Dance. Having stepped out of the bath, I inadvertantly dropped my towel on the floor. Whilst bending down to pick it up, my backside became welded to the heated towel rail. Once I had managed to peel my buttocks off, I checked in the mirror to inspect the damage, only to be greeted by an angry red zebra effect on my posterior.

All in all it has to go down as one of the worst New Years in my life.

No comments: